Join us and be a part of a respected and dedicated family-oriented network that shares your passion for pets. We believe that together as a team, we can make a difference in the lives of pets and the families who love them.
Job Veterinary Technician, Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)
Status Full-Time or Part-Time
Technicians @ The Family Pet Hospital
As a Veterinary Technician, in our full-service hospital, you will be responsible to assist in the care of our animal patients under the direction of our Veterinarians. Our veterinary hospital is interested in hiring a strong candidate who under the veterinarian’s direction of care, is proficient in determining animal requirements; conducting diagnostic procedures; assisting in surgical procedure and anesthetic monitoring. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to maintaining patient records; maintaining supply and equipment inventory. If you love animals and are passionate to providing high quality care in a team-oriented hospital as a Veterinary Technician, please submit your application today.
Specific Responsibilities / Skills:
Include by not limited to:
- Multi-task; ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills;
- Under the Veterinarian’s direction, determine animal requirements; review patient care, treatments and records; complete laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging.
- Animal restraint; assembly of surgical suite and instruments; operating and monitoring anesthesia; venipuncture and IV catheter placement; administration of medication via oral or injectable.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in veterinary technology, or a biology-related degree or equivalent;
- 3+ years’ experience as a Veterinary Technician;
- Certification in Veterinary Technology (CVT) is preferred;
- Experience with exotic animals is preferred but not required;
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in animal behavior and husbandry;
- Use of veterinary medical technologies/diagnostic equipment such as digital radiography, bloodwork analyzers, dental equipment and surgical equipment;
- Medical record-keeping skills