The Family Pet Hospital Laser and Wellness Center has been providing top of the line, compassionate veterinary care in our community for 19 years. We specialize in proactive and comprehensive whole pet care to ensure long and healthy lives for the pets we care for and love. We also believe in developing and maintaining strong partnerships with pet owners, providing them with the peace of mind of knowing that their pets are in competent and caring hands.
We are looking for a talented, passionate part-time or full time Associate Veterinarian to join our growing practice!
Job Associate Veterinarian
Status Full Time
Qualifications Doctorate Degree, DVM/VMD License, at least 3-years working experience
Skills General Medicine, Surgery, Emergency, Small Mammal and or Exotics experience preferred but not required.
Veterinarian @ The Family Pet Hospital
Our recently expanded beautiful small animal practice offers both medical and surgical treatment (mostly routine, some soft tissue) and includes in-house labs, and digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, tonometry, CO2 surgical laser, erchonia low level therapeutic laser and Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation (VOM).
In addition to performing complete and thorough physical exams and giving detailed and thorough preventive care recommendations, must have surgery experience (experience using a CO2 laser preferred, but not required) and be able to perform the following procedures: lump removals, skin biopsies, dental extractions, umbilical hernia repairs, spaying and neutering, and other soft tissue surgeries/procedures as needed. Experience with treating and performing surgical procedures in exotic pets such as small mammals, birds, reptiles and others is preferred but not required.
Must possess the knowledge and understanding to direct and supervise anesthesia and sedation as needed.
- Coordinate and implement treatment plans with detailed explanations to client and in medical records. Follow through with patients as needed.
- Manage emergency situations that arise in general practice and assess, stabilize and determine if referral is appropriate or patient can be managed in house and can perform and direct CPR efforts.
- Provide estimates for all procedures and ensure that charges are communicated and entered properly.
- Take an active role in training and teaching of team members on the floor and working diligently to maintain a cohesive and mutually respectful team with the common goal of improving technical and professional capabilities of every individual on the team.
- Doctorate degree
- Required license or certification as a DVM/VMD
- Experience as a DVM for 3 or more years
Full time benefits include continuing education, paid time off, CE allowance, health/dental insurance (after 6 months), professional dues, and simple IRA (after one year). Part-time benefits are negotiable. Compensation base plus production % which increases based on increased level of production.